Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kindness of strangers

A week or so ago we had a great potty training day (both kids went #2 in the toilet) so we made a special trip to Cherry Berry to enjoy some Frozen Yogurt. After we filled our cups got up to pay I realized my debit card was missing. I went out to the van to try and find it, but couldn’t. I was looking all around the van and in Cherry Berry, but found nothing. The twins had already started eating so the clerk behind the counter just said “this one is on us, just come back in sometime.” As embarrassed as I could be I didn’t think I had any other option. Then this wonderful man, whom had been sitting in the car next to my van with his wife, came in the store and came up to the counter and offered to pay for our treats. He handed the clerk money, which was clearly OVER what we owed. He looked at me and smiled and just said “this one is on me, please pay it forward to someone else.”

To say I was moved in an understatement. This was completely generous and it just made my heart happy. Since that point Nick and I have had multiple conversations about how we can pay it forward. What we can do for others who are in a similar situation. We agree on one thing … we WILL pay it forward, multiple times.

I am again amazed at how God puts people in your life to show you the kindness that he brings to us all.

SO to all reading this, I challenge you this week … do something nice for someone else. We don’t need a special day to buy someone lunch or a cup of coffee, or a frozen yogurt!  Do it because it’s kind. Do it because at some point I’m sure someone has or WILL do something kind for you!

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment