I saw this blog on Pinterest and it caught my attention so I thought I'd try this out! Sorry for those that read my blog... this might get a big boring!
1. List 10 random facts about yourself.
Love karaoke, love to sing when I drive alone, addicted to reruns of my favorite shows, used to have curly hair, my favorite color is green (the more it looks like vomit color, the more I like it seems), can't live without Reeces Pieces, Own all the Friends's seasons on DVD, Do not like NFL football, LOVE Volleyball, Love Jesus more than anything!
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
Fear of driving on icy roads. I get terrified when the weather turns bad. I hate driving on it, but I hate riding in the car more with someone who is driving on icy roads. I think it's a control thing.
Fear of missing out on important things. I love my job, and I love helping to provide for my family, but I am afraid I am missing so much in my kids life.
Fear my children will stop breathing. I can't tell you how many nights I still wake up to make sure they are breathing. I think this comes from seeing my son STOP breathing several times. Having to give him CPR to revive him was one of the hardest and scariest things ever!
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
Perfect. Now don't get me wrong, there are rough days, but that is the best part. When you get to spend your days with your best friend and you know its forever ... that is perfect, in my book.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- Don't stress about the "in crowd. - you WILL find the perfect person to spend your life with. Don't try to rush anything. - Respect yourself more. - Respect you Mom and Dad more! They deserve it. - Always say I love you. No matter what. - Trust in God's plan. Stop trying to think you know what's best. - Run. You'll love it when you get older. Start running more now. - Send more Thank you Notes. - Ask your mom to teach you to sew. You'll want to know someday and why not learn from the best. - Spend time talking to your Dad (and Mom). Trust me, when they are gone ... you'll miss them and WISH you could just sit down and visit.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
Kids. Running. Wine. Family. College Football.
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
-To have enough money to not have to worry about it.
-To teach my kids that doing for others is far more important than always just doing for yourself.
-To still be able to talk to my Dad.
7. What is your dream job, and why?
That's an easy one. A Nurse.
8. What are 5 passions you have?
Music (piano), Running, Reading, Learning, Faith.
9. List 10 people who have influenced you.
Mom. Dad. Jodi. Julie. Brothers. Nick. Birk. Addy. Nieces and Nephews God.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
Freshman Basketball when I forgot which hoop was ours and I shoot the ball. Enough said, it's still very embarrassing to me! :-)
11. Describe 3 pet peeves you have.
-Cutting your finger nails in public.
-Interrupting someone when they are talking.
-Being a one-upper. Just let someone have their moment.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
Get up, get ready, get kids ready, load the car, drive to daycare, drive to work, work, pick up kids, pick up Nick, come home, start dinner, maybe teach lessons, work out, play, read books, bedtime, Jenny time, bed!
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
Being alone. I had siblings, but they were so much older that at times I felt like an only child. I'm so glad my kids will always have each other.
14. Describe 5 strengths that you have
I am passionate, I’m a go-getter, I’m dedicated to finishing, I am ok with saying I’m sorry, I say I love you a lot.
15 What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
Art. I love to be creative, but there are times when I can tell my creativity is not working.
16. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
Well I could tell you the rated R thing or he would say how much I laugh with him.
17. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
I don’t remember the exact moment as I was still drugged up. I remember finding out I was pregnant and just feeling like it was a dream. Then seeing my babies for the first time felt like even though the times would be touch … I was meant to be their mommy.
18. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
-Going to the Iowa Hawkeye home games.
-Being invited to go golfing with my dad on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
-Family vacation to Oklahoma.
19. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood? Favorite: My children's happiness. I love the giggles, the smiles and knowing they are happy.
Least favorite: The pain they have gone through. What they have been through to be alive and each and every time they get sick. I want to make it better. I'd also had sleep ness nights. I wasn't a big fan of that.
20. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
He makes me laugh. Sometimes he can be obnoxious, but he is truly my better 1/2.
21. List 5 things you would hope to be remembered for.
-My devotion to family and friends
-That I raised good, faithful children
-That I made a difference in someone's life
-That I stayed true to what is important to me!