Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vacation 2013

What a great way to start off the new year than to hop on a plane and then hop on a boat and said to the Bahama’s.

So to kick off 2013, Nick and I did just that.


We were invited over a year ago to go on this vacation with my oldest sister and her husband and family. They also invited my mom. I have to tell you I was pumped. I used to go on family vacations with my sister and her family when I was growing up as it was so hard for my folks to get away from the store that they owned. I always had a blast, last week proved to be no different. I have to be honest here though … I didn’t really know if I would like it or not. I’ve never been on a ship in the middle of the ocean (and I know how I feel just turning around in the van to help the kids with something). We boarded on Thursday around 4pm and left Florida. We sailed through the night and docked on Friday around noon in Nassau, Bahama’s. Friday morning was a bit dicey for Nick and I. We were feeling the motion of the ocean, feeling the effects of the night before and both looked a wee bit peeked. After we each took a motion sickness pill we were golden. Those little puppies did the trick. We then spent the day exploring Nassau with my nephew and his fiancé, and catching up at some local establishments. We got back on the boat in time for dinner and then explored what the boat had to offer. We saw some shows, went to a comedy show, saw live music, danced, sang karaoke, swam …. The list goes on and on.

Saturday was an entire day at sea and it was fabulous. The temperature was about 80+ so we just sat by the pool, enjoyed the on board water park and soaked up every last bit of vacation that we could.

Sunday we left the ship around 9:30am and drove straight to the Orlando airport. Nick and I were fortunate enough to grab an earlier flight back to Omaha to get to my other sisters house and see the kids. They were still napping when we got there. I will never forget the precious look on their faces when they came out of the room and saw Nick and I sitting there. It might have been one of my favorite parts of the weekend.

Today meant back to the grind at work for both of us, while the kids got to spend the day with my mom at home. I’m so thankful for this time w/ family. I’ll try and post some pictures of our trip soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment