Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Confessional

Life is busy. I suck at blogging these days. I was doing so good for a while there, then I just fell apart. For my 3 loyal followers … I’m sorry I’ve left you hanging.

Although who am I kidding? I know a lot of working moms who still have clean houses, folded and ironed clothes, kids that are bathed daily and still manage to maintain their blog. I, however, am not one of those moms.

So this post is my confessional. I can no longer hide behind some of these things.

1. I suck at housekeeping. I am so dang tired at the end of the day that picking up a dust rag or the vacuum just seems impossible. Don’t even get me started on getting on my hands and knees to clean the toilets and scrub floors. My best housekeeping comes about 30-45 minutes before we have company. The only reason my house has any sort of “clean” feel is because we love to entertain.

2. I do not bathe my kids daily. My ultimate goal is every other day, but that is a pipe dream some weeks. I gauge when my kids need to be cleaned up based on the greasy look and feel of their hair. There I said it, I own it.

3. I am not Paula Dean in the kitchen. Despite what my wonderful husband might say about my cooking … I cook to survive. I do enjoy cooking, but planning out meals, sticking to my plans and then cleaning up after a nightly cooking session is not my cup of tea. If we had grilled cheese and tomato soup every night I’d be thrilled.

4. Laundry is the hardest thing for me to follow through with. I’m great about starting it, but seeing this task all the way through is ridiculous for me. Ok, here is a big whopper of a confession. If I don’t get the laundry out of the washer and/or dryer in time I usually just re-wash it. I know I’m wasteful, I should just see the task all the way though. But dang it… I’m not good at it.

5. I would prefer to play with my kids, read books, color pictures, watch movies in perfectly un-cleaned, unlaundered, haven’t bathed kids in 2 days type of house. Because it’s our home. It’s our life and it’s a good one.


The smiles on their faces is more important and that is what they will remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment