Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Racing

I love racing.  I love running a race.  There i've admitted it.  I'm addicted.  I will be the one who will pay $60 to run 13.1 miles.  In fact, I just did this past Saturday.

I do also have to admit, this was one of the first races that I was pretty scared for.  See in the previous 6 weeks before the race I hadn't had time to get much more distance than a 4 mile run.  Which isn't exactly preparing me for the distance of a 1/2.

However, the energy at the race just brings out the best in me.  I loved meeting the new people running their race for the 1st time.  I love watching the seasoned runners.  It just drove me to run better.

So, while I didn't get the time goal that I had ... I still had fun.  I ran.  I finished!

So, now the fever is back and I've been searching tonight for my next race.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment