Thursday, August 24, 2017

Bedtime routine

Every night since I can remember each and every night we are with the kids we follow the same bedtime routine.  It doesn't even have to be the same time of night... its just the same routine.  We get our jammies on (if we haven't been in them all day or we didn't put them on earlier), we brush our teeth, read a book or two if we have time and then get in to bed and start snuggling.  Nick will usually start with Birk and I start with Addy, then we switch.  When we have enough snuggles we get up and Nick and I both tell the kids...

'I love you, God Bless you, Goodnight!' 

Both reply to us saying 'I love you, God Bless you, Goodnight!'

Then it's lights out, close the door and we head to our room or downstairs.  What we've discovered if we stay around their room for a bit longer after closing the door is that we will hear sweet voices saying to each.....

Birk:  'Goodnight Addy.  I love you!  Sleep good.' 

Addy:  'Goodnight Birk.  I love you too!  You sleep good too!'

This happens every night and each night I feel a giant lump in my throat.  I hope that their bond lasts a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment