Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Finding out #2

This round was VERY different than how we planned and found out we were expecting the twins.  With every day, doctors appointment, medication, procedure... we knew that we were working towards something.  This little one, however, came as a total surprise.  Read on to find out how we found out we were pregnant AGAIN!

It was sometime late March and I started feeling off.  I noticed I had less energy on my daily runs (I was logging some serious mileage and feeling great about myself).  I noticed I felt like I could go to bed at 7pm and most all food sounded horrible.  Nick had jokingly asked me to take a test, but I blew it off and went about my business.  I guess I just attributed it to the change of seasons.  Fast forward to April.  Still felt very crummy.. I even made it to Easter Sunday without even giving why I felt like this another thought.  I, however, must have spoken of it complained often enough that finally the night of Easter Nick put some serious pressure on the idea of taking a home pregnancy test.  I didn't agree, but also didn't disagree.  That Monday following was a tough one for me.  I had extreme nausea and just couldn't figure out what was wrong.  So that evening when Addy and I were at
Hy-Vee I decided I'd sneak over to the pharmacy and get the cheapest test that they had to offer (Hy-Vee brand which comes with 2 tests for a whopping $5.99).  The boys were at baseball practice and since I KNEW what the result would be I decided to go ahead and just take the test.  You see, I had taken many of these tests in my life, often with EXTREME HOPE, that it would be positive, but never saw a positive result.  This time the blue line INSTANTLY came through.  I stood there looking at it dumbfounded.  I texted Nick and asked him to call me right away.  A few minutes later my phone rang and I answered saying 'it's positive!'  On the other end Nick goes... 'what's positive?'  So I came clean.  I told him I bought a test, took it because I knew it would be negative and clearly I must be reading it wrong because I think it says positive.  I told him I'd take a picture and send it to him for him to read.  He would obviously know better! 

So the picture was sent.  And I waited.  Poor Nick was helping coach at baseball practice.  So he was feeling anxious about seeing the test... and having to wait until a good time.  I finally received a response back that said 'it seems pretty obvious to me!'  Well, I wasn't convinced yet.  I clearly had purchased a faulty test.  So when the boys got home I dragged Nick upstairs to witness the reading of the 2nd test.  SAME RESULT... and JUST AS QUICK.  So now, I knew that Hy-Vee tests weren't good quality and I needed to drop a little more money on a more quality test.  I ran to Walgreens that night, but decided to wait until the morning to take it.  I woke up nice and early and took the test... and you guessed it... POSITIVE!! 

It took some time to adjust to the idea that we were pregnant.  And we got pregnant ON OUR OWN!  No medication, NO doctors, no tearful nights spent wondering if it would happen.  It just happened.  God works in funny ways sometimes.  You see this time we were now faced with emotions of shock, disbelief and even worry... the twins are 8.  We found ourselves asking if we could do this?  Can we go back to the baby stages?  The answer is yes.  We are thrilled to experience another miracle. 

God is GOOD.  All.  The. Time. 

Attached pictures
The first picture is the one I sent to Nick asking him to read it, and the second is all the tests!!! 


 

1 comment:

  1. I’m loving everything about this post!They all look so beautiful.I’m in love with your style!
    escape games

    ReplyDelete