Friday, April 22, 2011

Kids

Wow...I'm not even sure where to begin this blog. I say often to myself 'hey, I should go blog about that so I can keep track..' and then when I finally get here I forgot all the things I wanted to blog about.

First off I guess I should start by saying that our dear Addy Grace has reached her 'terrible two's' and is running full steam. She has been a bit of a handful this past week or so. She screams when she doesn't get what she wants, and she has even resorted to violence on occasion! She does, however, have her good qualities. She loves her brother and is always looking out for him and watching out for those times he feels compelled to be naughty. We quite frequently hear 'NO BIRKY...NO' from the backseat of our van...or 'OWEY' from wherever those two are playing in the house to let us know that something isn't right in her world. :-) She loves to sing her ABC's, and count to 10 (with a little help). In fact she did a beautiful rendition of her ABC's at lunch today for the entire restaurant (we went downtown and had lunch with Daddy). Addy's new best friend is her dolly, BARB. My mom's friend gave her a cute little doll a few weeks ago and my mom made a ton of adorable outfits. THis has become one of Addy's joys. She loves to be motherly and take care of Barb. In face we often have to take Barb wherever we go. We could not leave the house last Sunday to go to church with out Barb. However, Addy did not want her in the nursery so Barb got to sit with me and listen to the service! :-)

Birk is our little man. He LOVES to play with cars, animals, 'chu chu' trains and watch TV (just like his father who gets sucked into the shows and IGNORES everything else). He is still in love with 'Yi' (Cy - from the Cyclones) and will freak out if he sees anyone who is wearing Yi (or somethings anything red.) Birk has also discovered a love for bikes and playing drums (which again just pleases his father to no end). We think we are going to try out getting him a drum set and see how much he likes it (or how much I can stand all the drumming).

Overall, life is good in the Robertson house. We can't seem to complain too much. We are excited for warmer weather so we can go to the park and be outside more often.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and a joyous Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment