Saturday, April 14, 2012

I left my heart in Des Moines....

But, I'm sure glad to be in San Francisco this weekend.  What an amazing and beautiful state.  I was lucky enough to be honored at a Wells Fargo event on Thursday evening after a fun filled day of exploring Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli, Pier 39 and much more.  We took a Cable Car ride, we had an AMAZING lunch and enjoyed our time together very much.

On the Cable Car...

Vacation begins...



Riding the Cable Car! 


Yesterday we thought it would be a good idea to grab some lunch and then maybe just lay low.  Around 6pm we decided we didn't want to just be in our hotel room any longer so we ventured out for a ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.  Man, are we EVER glad we did that!

This is Nick going over the bridge.  

This is ME going over the bridge.  (I'm a bit nervous on bridges)

 ~~ The beauty ~~ 

We pulled over to get a better look at the bridge and found this awesome look out spot.  


After our drive we stopped in Sausalito for some food.  We found this quaint little restaurant literally ON THE BAY.  We had the most amazing fish, dessert, and Nick even finished the meal with a cup of dessert coffee.  That was a new experience.  



Today we spent the day driving up north through wine country, going to wine tastings and driving along the coast.  It was by far some of the most beautiful parts on the U.S.A. that I have ever seen.  I have never seen beaches like this before.  I was AMAZED at the work that God can do with this earth.   Pictures can not do what we saw justice, but it might be a small sample!  I do have to say I LOVE the beach, sitting in the sand with a beverage or swimming in the ocean, but the majesty we witnessed today as the waves rolled through these giant rocks as we were standing on mountain tops was beyond powerful!  Thank you Lord for the gift of this life, the gift of what you have done to make this beautiful~~  

At Goat Rock Beach.  This little place was sandwiched in between two mountains and you could look out and see forever.  The waves were fierce, the wind was strong and it was magnificent.  




I pray! Thank you Lord!  

All I could do was sit there and watch.  It had me from the minute I saw it!  

My Hot Hubby!  ;-)  

We also stopped at Redwood State Park and took a small hike up the mountains.  We only made it about a 1/2 mile and we turned around.  My shoes were not a smart choice.  

This is me.  I am hiking in my black flats and my jean jacket.  Not exactly hiking attire.  




This is a picture of Nick took of me & a Fern.  I was very much 'with nature' on this hike.  


This reminded me of an area right out of the Ireland or something.  It was amazing.  

This is me.  I am cold.  


Hope you enjoyed just a small taste of our trip so far.  We are headed to Half Moon Bay tomorrow and it looks like the weather will be great!  Monday we are going to Alcatraz and then to a Giants game.  


No comments:

Post a Comment