Monday, April 23, 2012

What a crappy Monday night...

I tend to think Monday's are evil to begin with, but then to top off the evening we've had...it isn't one of my favorites to go on the record books.  Surprise, surprise... Birk has ANOTHER EAR INFECTION!!!

I picked them up from daycare we came home, I ran on the treadmill (and anyone following my blog knows I hate the treadmill), we were about to get ready for dinner and I noticed Birk didn't look that great.  I asked him if he was ok, and he responded his ear hurt.  My heart sank.  I told Nick (who was giving a guitar lesson at the time) that I was running to Urgent care.  Birk, Addy and I all packed into the car and headed out.  We stopped at Urgent Care and unloaded and went in ONLY to discover that it was closed for the night.  So, out we went and onto the next urgent care in Ankeny.  I got the kids out again and headed in.  Thankfully this one was open.  We got in and got registered.  Addy then started to whine and cry...  Her main issue -- there were no toys in the doctors office.  She proceeded to throw herself on the floor, scream bloody murder and yell at me and kick her legs.  I apologized to the staff, who told me it was fine (but whom I'm sure were thinking...get this freaking lady and her kids out of here now).  Ironically we were called right back.  Doctor came in only to find the same fit from Addy happening in the room.  He took one look in B man's ear and said "yup, its infected."  He wrote us a script and we were on our way.

By this time it was 8:15PM so our pharmacy was closed and now I was onto find a new one up here.  Man, what a fun way to learn Ankeny.  Went to Hy-Vee because I thought I remembered they had a drive up window and I really did not want to take the kids out again. Dropped it off, then as Mother of the year would...headed onto McDonald's to finally feed my kids.  Got home, finished our dinner and put our jammies on.

Now I sit here in the living room listening as Birk is whimpering and crying from his bed.  I'm sure we're in for a long night.  I do appreciate my wonderful husband recognizing that we didn't have the best of nights and choosing to be the one to sleep on Birk's floor tonight.

Please pray for good weather so that we can start to rid ourselves of these DARN infections. They are about to get the best of me!

Also, pray for rest for Birk.  Both physically and from the pain in his ear.

My special little man did tell me something very wonderful tonight when we got to our 2nd Urgent Care clinic.  I got Addy out then looked up at him and he said to me

"It's ok mom.  God will take care of me."

I asked him later on why he said that.  Had someone told him that?

He responded: "Nope. I just know God will take care of me."


No comments:

Post a Comment