Tuesday, April 17, 2012

~~ I'm blessed ~~

We landed tonight at 5pm and quickly grabbed our luggage and headed over to Windsor Heights to pick up the kids.  Man, we were so glad to see them.  Vacation was awesome...and much needed, but we sure missed Birk and Addy.  I also felt like they had grown up a little since I saw them last Wednesday.  They had a blast at my sister's house and did great.  We are so thankful to have family so close that take such great care of the twins.  AND...whom they love so much.  

I wanted to give a special shout out in this blog to my best friend and my partner in crime... Nick.  I'm pretty blessed to have someone, like Nick, to share my life.  He is patient, kind and so much fun to hang out with.  I mean, how many people can say that they get to spend NON STOP TIME with their spouse that they love being around.  During our time away, Nick and I had some fantastic in depth discussions, some amazing laughs, some scary moments, moments we will forever remember and never once felt like we didn't want to be together.  He puts up with my craziness, he laughs at me, he is supportive EVERY time I need him to be supportive.  I'm not sure I could get any luckier.

I downloaded The Wedding, by Nicholas Sparks to read over the trip and let me recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a great read.  It's a story about a man who realizes he hasn't been the best husband he could have been to his wife.  No matter where we are at in our relationships or marriage I think this story applies to us all.  We can all be better people to those that we love.  Remember to give hugs, remember to say I LOVE YOU as much as you can, remember the reasons you married that person.  Remember that feeling of falling in love.  It's the best, why would we want to lose that?  

Here are a few pictures of why we married each other...

(by the way one of my biggest pet peeves is when couples take pictures of themselves and you see their arms, or double chins in my case, but it is really challenging to find someone to take a zillion pictures of us so I'm sorry for the close ups).  












What a Blessing ~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment