Wednesday, August 29, 2012

* Breaking News *

I’m not good at being a single Mommy! This week Nick has been in California on a work trip and it is clear that I was designed to not be a single parent. I need a partner. It is not about the amount of work that I have to do. It is about a deflector from the chaos that 3 year olds being to our lives. For example; while preparing dinner it is SO NICE to have a husband who will run into the living room and dive onto the floor so that you children will scamper behind him and tackle him. Thus, leaving me finish making dinner in peace. Versus the scene that played out last night. While I was making the quesadilla’s (which I heard “I don’t like” about a thousand times … I am sorry Mom for saying that as a child, I get why that bothered you so much now) the children were playing tag/hide-n-seek/scream as loud as you can game. Their best hiding spot was in front of my legs or between my legs. As you can only imagine there was no way that was going to end well. I ended up dropping a plate of ride on the floor, only to have someone run through it and then hit the floor because the rice was “SO HOT!”

Good heavens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m only on single mommy mode for 2 more days, 1 more night as Nick gets home late tomorrow. We are so lucky to have the husband/daddy that we do and I might need to remember to thank him more for ALL THAT HE DOES! It just goes to show you don’t know what you have, until it’s not there.

We know he is having a wonderful time in the great state of CA, but can’t wait for him to get back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment