Sunday, October 23, 2011

One last beautiful day...was it safe to be outside???

So we felt like we had one last beautiful weekend day and we wanted to enjoy as much as we could.  So after the kids took great naps we decided to head to the ever so popular PARK!  I thought it would be a good chance to go for a long run, so I ventured out early.  About 2.5 miles into my run I glanced over and saw our green the van drive by and 3 sets of hands waving to me.  I realized...I was in it for the long haul!  :-)  By the time I finished my run I had run just shy of 13 miles and it felt GREAT!  We finished at the park, stopped to get some markers and came home to play some more outside.  We ate dinner and now we are sitting down to color our pumpkins.

My only fear is that being outside of this house I'm not in control of the germs.  I just don't want to do anything to expose either of the kids so that surgery is delayed.  However, as we were enjoying the park and I saw the beautiful smile on their faces I decided that I can't shelter them from everything.  We need to have FUN!  They have to be kids and run, and fight and enjoy every minute of their day!  We are taking extra precautions, but we also can't 100% guarantee that he won't catch anything.  We do go back to the doctor on Tuesday for what we hope is our pediatrician's green light.  He heard some 'weezy" on Wednesday so decided to do another round of antibiotics to make sure he is good and ready. If the weeze is still there....we need to make some major decisions.  SO....If you are feeling like praying for something major for our family and putting in some extra prayers for Birk man....we would sure appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment