Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm not sure when to...

So being a first time mom (I still refer to myself as that especially when I'm not sure on things) I have some questions on things.  My two main areas of concern these days are potty training and moving to toddler beds. 

I've decided to don't want to push either one. 

The kids talk a lot about going potty and seem to follow me into the restroom every chance they get and discuss with me what I am doing (step by step we have to talk about what is happening and why I'm doing that),  but they don't really seem all that motivated to do it themselves.  Addy will sit on the toilet every so often, but quickly gets off and asks for her diaper back.  Birk...rarely wants anything to do with the potty.  I'm determined it just takes to much time away from playing so he chooses not to.  The kid loves to play! With the surgery coming up...I won't push this.  I want them to feel good about their progress and with how much I anticipate our lives to be thrown around I fear that would only hurt their success.  Plus poor Birk will be sedated for an extended period of time.  Secondly, is moving to a toddler bed.  The twins both stay in their cribs and have yet tried to climb out (knocking on wood).  They just yell for me (or in Addy's case sings me a wonderful song) when they are ready to get up.  In fact, Birk now wakes up and starts telling me about the footballs, baseballs, basketballs and soccer balls on his walls OR yells at the monitor and says "Mom, MOM, MOM, I'm awake." 

I'm sure everything will fall into place that is supposed to, but I just don't know when I need to force the issue!  I guess for now I'm writing to tell you I'm keeping things status quo!  We will wear diapers and stay in cribs. 

I mean heck, I should keep them 'babies' as long as I can, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment