Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflections

Why?

Why do bad things happen?  Why do we have to experience pain?  Today has been a day filled with questions like that.  What a life changing day 9/1/01 was to our country, and to each and every person!  I'm sure almost everyone who was old enough remembers VIVDLY the exact moment they found out and almost just as much the feelings they felt that day and the days to follow.

I heard the stories of all the heroes who served that community and our country following that day, but until now I'm not sure I fully grasped the magnitude.  You sacrificed.  You put your life on the line.  You worked for your family, friends, neighbors, people you loved, and people you never met.  You are the picture of the cross to me.  You put your life on the line for someone else.

Today I don't feel sad, but I feel proud.  We don't live in fear, we live in freedom.

CBS had a fantastic documentary recounting the moments of that day.  Some quotes that stand out to me I decided to put into this blog.  I hope to read this to Birk and Addy some day and help them to understand what happened to our country and how we overcame it.  I want to teach them that sometimes life can be hard and we go through challenges, but find the purpose, find your courage, strength, unity.

"9/11 is a part of me, it is who I am now.  It will never go away."

"Every day there is a thought in my head from that day."

I will never forget.  9/11.  Day that changed us forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment