Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where did this last week go?

So I realize that it has been almost a week since my last blog post.  Oops. I was so determined for a little while there.

Lots has happened this week too.  First, my wonderful husband surprised me with a ticket to the Iowa/Pittsburg game.  I hitched a ride with my nephew and his friend and got to tailgate with most of my old crew and had a wonderful time.  It wasn't the best game until about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and boy am I glad I stayed! 

Our great friends had their sweet baby girl Avery Mae on Sunday night.  I haven't been on the waiting side of a baby for a while so Sunday about set me over the edge waiting for news.  We met her on Monday and she is very precious.  I got to hold her and listen to Addy sing her some sweet songs!  I'm sure Avery is in for a little Addy Grace bossing around when she gets a  little older. 

The twins are still 2.  That is about all I can saw somedays.  We love to RUN, and run fast.  We love to read books, we don't love to share and our tantrums are getting bigger these days.  However, I wouldn't change it for a second.  They are the most fun people to be around.  We laugh a lot these days and there is nothing better than the laughter of a child.  Addy is still very motherly to her brother.  In fact when he gets himself in timeout she helps coach him on who he needs to say sorry to and how to say it!  Birk LOVES TO WRESTLE.  Consider yourself warned if you enter our home, sit anywhere on the floor you are fairgame for a full body tackle followed by some little boy giggles. 

We are almost to October.  Seriously?  I can't believe that I'm down to a little over a month left with a Trache child.  I am so amazed at what Birk can do, who he has become and how strong that little bogger is.  I  hate to say it, but I'm a bit nervous to see how life will be like w/o the Trache.  I have confidence that he will do great just by watching how well he overcame having a Trache put in.  We will spend a month in Ohio and I'm a bit nervous how that will go.  I'm sure we will all be feeling some extreme boredom at times....so if anyone wants to make the lovely 9 hour drive to visit us...you're more than welcome!  :-)

I thank you for your prayers these past months/years.  They have been heard.  Birk and Addy are doing great! 

Happy Hump day (i've always hated that phrase...BTW). 

No comments:

Post a Comment