Thursday, May 24, 2012

BLOG SERIES ~~ New Beginnings

So I liked the idea of a blog series so I'm trying my second series.  This one is about new beginnings that I've experienced in my life.  Today's post ...

Marriage

Whoever has ever entered into a marriage knows that it is a new beginning.  For a women it means a new name.  It means your identity has changed.  I was no longer Jennifer Birks, I became Mrs. Nicholas Robertson.  Wow. 

Change also comes in the form of money, living situations, making plans, family decisions, church life and the list can go and on and on.  Some of these changes were challenging, well ARE still challenging.  They make you evaluate your priorities and force you to work as a team.  Your life really is not your own anymore. 

However, my post today is not on the challenges or the negative side of Marriage.  It is about the true blessing that marriage is, and specifically my marriage.  I got to marry someone who is funny, loving, faithful and the perfect fit for me.  Something we even talk about is the fact that at times we balance each other out.  I make decisions, Nick thinks things through.  I am spontaneous, Nick is a thinker/planner.  It works well. 

I'm one of the lucky ones that I am in a true partnership for a marriage, and I get to enjoy it as well.  I love spending time with him, traveling, raising our awesome kids together. 

It really doesn't get much better than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment