Monday, May 21, 2012

~~ Ugh!! ~~

I have to say that I really hate when nights end badly.  Tonight in our house, was one of those nights.  Dinner time can really be a struggle and tonight was just one of those nights.  Addy sometimes refuses to eat, and refuses to feed herself most of her food.  We've tried negotiating, we've tried reverse thinking...which sometimes works, but tonight was just the end of my rope.  I asked, and asked, and ASKED, and finally got Nick involved.  She went to a short time out twice, told us she would eat and consistently came back to the table and refused to eat.  So I decided I need to be extreme.  I took her up to bed, got her jammies, made her say good night to Daddy.  She then had to go to bed... about 45 minutes earlier than usual.

I feel awful.

Now I'm dreading having to get up in the morning, go to work and feel awful for having let her get the best of me, and having to put her to bed w/o getting to spend time with her this evening.  I do know in my head that I need to be consistent and I need to teach her boundaries ... and she doesn't get to call the shots.  However, I just feel awful that I got mad and she had to go to bed.

You may be thinking ... "man, buck up Jenny.", but seriously I'm just not happy that tonight ended the way that it did.

Let's hope that the rest of the week is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment