Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Week ~~ Day 5

I've struggled with what to write today.  I have to be honest.  Lots of things are running through my head.  I got some news I was waiting for today.  Now I have to prepare for next step.  I decided at the last minute to play volleyball, fed the kids dinner quick and was out the door.  It really was a typical day.  Until it dawned on me what I was thankful for today ..

Energy

I could take this post several directions.  I could be thankful that I have energy during the day after a night of 2 hours of sleep (or less).  I could be thankful that I have energy to run, make dinner, do dishes, laundry, vacuum, work, etc.

However, tonight I'm so thankful for the energy  that my kids have.  Enough energy to run laps around the gym while I play volleyball for 90 minutes.  While I was playing I could hear their little bare feet running around the gym, their belly laughs that bring a smile to anyone's faces.  Their love of just being free!!!  What I love most about this is that they are kids.  Plain and simple.  They love to be dirty, to play baseball, to swing (literally for hours), to do puzzles, to color for long periods of time, to get to 8:30pm or 9:00pm and struggle to keep their eyes open because they've played so darn hard all day long.

I love everything about being a kid.  In fact I wish sometimes I could be a kid again too.  However my treasure is that I get to enjoy this 2 times over and know that someday they will enjoy watching their kids with all the energy in the world... and hopefully cherish it as much as I am right now!!!

Happy Mother's Day Week ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment