Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mothers Day Week ~~ Day 1

So with Mother's Day approaching next weekend I thought I'd spend this week doing something special with this blog.  :-)  I'm going to devote the next 7 days to "My Favorite things about being a mom."  If anything it will give me something to blog about, give my 12 readers some glimpse into my life, and also help remind me that I was chosen for a pretty incredible and special job and not only is Mother's Day designed to celebrate that, but also to serve as a reminder to me.

So with that...here is Day ONE of this blog series!!!

Giving Birth! 

Ok, before you stop reading...let me elaborate.  I'm not thankful for EVERYTHING that their birth brought, but I do have a lot to be thankful since March 17th, 2009.

Little recap.  March 17, 2009 was a Tuesday.  Nick was supposed to play a show that night with his cover band.  Me and all of my chubbiness was getting ready for work that morning and I just didn't feel right.  I felt cramps, other feelings were occurring...can't really explain it.  On my way to work I called my doctor who assured me all was fine, but I should head to Mercy just to be checked out.  Long story short... Nick left work thinking he'd be back in a hour and 2 1/2 hours later we were parents.  I don't remember much about that day.  The things that stick out in my mind are; PAIN, fear (mostly fear in Nick's eyes), the feeling of having to poop (sorry for being so blunt).  What I am thankful for given that day occurred is the following:

#1 that the whole thing happened fast.  We weren't given time to know what was happening to us.  We didn't know what we were facing with our beautiful babies.  We didn't know what their development was going to entail.  Thank God, we were naive.

#2 that we have had the opportunity to meet some INCREDIBLE people.  To the nurses, doctors, RT's, people of the NICU, pediatricians, nurses in the Ped's office, home nurses, parents, aunts, uncles, friends, our Church family...and on and on...  We can't even being to  say how much you have blessed us. Your amazingness can not be overlooked.  We are forever better people, and better Christians because of you.

#3 that Birk and Addy are the MOST INCREDIBLE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF KNOWING.  From the sassy attitudes, to the constant need to play baseball and dance around the house.  I LOVE that I get to know you.  I LOVE that I get to be your MOMMY.  I love that you are who you are...and you get to show the world what a miracle is.  

#4 that God really does bring you to something...only to bring you out!  God was able to show us (in many MANY ways) how having faith, loving him unconditionally, and being transparent with our faith will only bless a person even further.  We have seen the dark days, but I can't tell you how seeing your self (or your kids) at their darkest hour.... and then seeing the sunshine can bring a person to their knees in thankfulness.

#5  that I've been blessed with the love of a pretty awesome husband.  He may drive me batty sometimes, but watching him love Birk and Addy makes me pretty stinking happy.  Who could ask for more.  Great kids, a husband who not only loves you (and reminds you how "hot" you are on a regular basis...which I DO appreciate), but loves his kids so much that he would give up guitar time to play some baseball and dance around the house.

All of these things came from the fact that Birk and Addy were born at 24 weeks 6 days.  Who ever would have thought they would be the wonderful, fully caught up 3 year olds that they are.

This Saturday is the March of Dimes walk.  I will walk this year as a reminder that miracles DO HAPPEN!  They happen every day.  OPEN YOUR EYES...and you can witness the greatness of God.

~~ Happy Mother's Week!  ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment