Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2's

I find it often funny when people realize I have twins.  I hear a lot of comments or questions like, 'Man, you must buy a lot of diapers?"  or "Man, you have to buy 2 of everything?"  Some of my favorites are. "Are they identical?", "Does twins run in your family?", "Are you busy?", "Are you done having kids?"

It's funny to me that people ask these questions which sometimes seem very silly to me.  For example, I wouldn't walk up to someone with one child and say, "do kids run in your family?" 

Truth of the matter is I am blessed beyond belief.  I can't even begin to thank God enough for allowing me to have 2 kids at the same time.  To feel them kick (sometimes each other) inside of me, to see them move in my tummy (even for a short while) and now watch as they are growing into the best friends is amazing.  Don't get me wrong...THEY FIGHT!  They don't share well, they yell, hit, pinch and sometimes don't like each other....BUT then there are the hugs, the holding hands and the 'mooches' (kisses) that just melt my heart. 

So, to answer some of your questions. 
1. I DO buy a lot of diapers.  I always have.  I have not known any different as I have never bought diapers for one child at a time. 
2. I do typically buy 2 of everything.  I want to avoid the fighting.
3. They are not identical.  One is a boy and one is a girl.  I can provide diagrams as to how that makes them different if that will help!  :-)
4. Twins do run in our families.  We both have fantastic sets of twin cousins.  I'm not sure they had too much to do with us having our twins though! 
5. Yes, I am busy.  I'm a working mother.  I would like to meet a mother (who works or not) one who isn't busy (no matter how many kids she has).
6. I don't know what God's plan for our family is yet.  That is not for me to decide!!! 

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment