Friday, January 13, 2012

Love like Crazy ~~

So this week has been crazy for me....see previous post.

As I was sitting here with the kids tonight watching some TV (and trying to just relax...we all need it).  I started thinking that there was one thing that I had really neglected this week.  Something I had let fall short cause I was "too busy."  For this I was ashamed.  I was sad that I hadn't spent the time talking to God like I have in weeks past.  Even when I was at my darkest moment these past few weeks I still let God help me.  I still asked him for strength, I praised him for allowing me to be in that moment.  And yet, this week I fell short.  It's not the first time, and I certainly know it won't be the last.

In that moment I decided that I needed to talk to God.  I needed to thank him for giving me the strength to get through this week with Nick gone.  I needed to thank him for a job.  Even though it has been stressful this week and filled w/ quite a bit of extra stuff on my plate... I needed to thank him for a husband whom I adore and who is out on the road enjoying his work as well.  A husband who will listen to me on the phone be VERY upset that our furnace is working, let me call him at 2am when I'm up with the boy cause I don't want to deal with it alone and a husband who is so excited to get home to see him family... How lucky can a girl be?!?! I needed to thank him and praise him for creating Birk and Addy whom I am just head over heels in love with.  I needed to thank him for placing one of the greatest responsibilities a person can have in my hands...to be a parent.  I needed to let my kids see me at my weak moment as well.  So, in that moment I asked B & A to pray with me.  See, my kids are used to praying at the dinner table, and at Church, but I can't really recall if they have seen us pray otherwise.  I got down on my knees and to my utter amazement they did the same and folded their hands.  Now, my prayer was a bit different w/ them involved, but the message was the same.

"Dear God,
Thanks for Daddy, Thanks for no Trache, Thanks for Dora/Diego (this one was from the twins), Thanks to Marcia, Thanks to Dr. Andersen, Thanks to airplanes (Daddy is on one right now), Thanks for everything!"  

What a sweet reminder of all the blessings we have in our lives.  I sure hope you've been better than I have remembering to Praise the one who has given us the moon, stars and the SON!

Here is a short song (not even a Christian song) that really describes my feelings tonight!

Don't let YOUR praying knees get lazy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment