Monday, January 9, 2012

My Pinterest Addiction

So, as I've previously confessed to, I have an addiction on Pinterest.  I recently saw someone had "pin'd" a post to a blog that was titled "30 ideas for a date night at home."  It peaked my interest.  As I was reading this I was actually thinking to myself...."Are you kidding me? Who has the time to prepare a meal to eat and sit on the deck.  Plus, I won't be able to watch my shows while I'm sitting on the deck eating my PB&J sandwich." (PB&J is what I always think of when I think of a picnic...which is not all that often.)  By the time I had finished this list I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard.  While I will likely never try some of these, the thought of having a date night at home sounds lovely.  Even better the thought of someone else dreaming it all and allowing me to do ZERO of the planning, preparation, and clean up sounds even more appealing.  (as you can tell I'm a romantic at heart).

Here are a few of my favorites from the blog:



~  Wear your old bikini that you would never wear in public again, because your stretch marks glisten too brightly in the sunlight! Ha. Your husband won’t care and will love you in it.


~Dress as a character from a movie and you pick the character for each other


~ Try to beat your all time record. (This was my husband’s suggestion for the list.)  -- (NOT SURE IF THIS ONE WAS APPROPRIATE, BUT IT STILL MADE ME LAUGH).  


I decided that I loved this list so much that I would make own (ROBERTSON STYLE) of ideas for our kind of date nights!

1. Instead of sitting all the way across each other on the 2 couches in our living room...  Sit on your own couches, but closer together this time.  This way you can share the end table between the couches for your beverages. How sweet.  Maybe your hands will meet when reaching for the remote or pop.
2.  Offer to give the other person the remote control on your favorite night of television.  (don't forget to hit record on the DVR though).
3.  You be the one to volunteer to go "get" dinner on that given night.  How nice it would be to not argue over who will be the one to call in and who will have to get in their car and go get it!  (wow, this never happens at our place).
4.  Complete the crossword puzzle in your People magazine together (while fun, it is also helpful since I can't seem to ever finish the whole thing).
5.  Look through old picture albums and remember the times before your life surrounded around big people jobs, mortgages, cooking and cleaning, changing diapers, worrying about raising children and concerning yourself with adult worries!  Remember the feelings you had at that time and how carefree you were!  Savor that moment for a short while until you hear one of your children yell for you from upstairs and then be glad that you have the wonderful life that you do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment