Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

Today I'm feeling quite thankful for a lot of things.  (To be honest, I'm feeling NOT so thankful for a lot of things too).  However, during this time of year I want to remind myself of the good.  :-)  Some may seem silly....but HEY, it's what I'm thankful for this 2011.

1. My FAMILY!  I'm so beyond blessed.  We're crazy, we're weird, we're loud....but man we're awesome!  :-)
2. My treadmill.  I haven't been able to run outside since we got back from Ohio and I MISS it.  At least I'm getting a daily run in.
3. To be able to function on little to no sleep.  I don't even remember what a decent nights sleep feels like.
4. Brownies in a pan WITH A FORK!  Man, what a stress reliever.
5. DVR. What a wonderful saver of my time.
6.  Our Pediatrician.  Who else lets us call him on his cell phone at any time of day.  Has even asked we call him on Thanksgiving to report on how Birk is doing (he spiked a fever last night and we're doing everything we can to make sure he stays healthy).
7.  My beautiful new kitchen.  I'm so pumped to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner.
8.  Jeggings.  I know it sounds stupid, but man they are comfortable.  
9.  That I have the most supportive mother.  She has taught me everything I know about being a mother and I can't even begin how to say Thank You!
10. THE BIGGEST THING I'M THANKFUL FOR THIS YEAR IS GOD'S GRACE AND MERCY.  God has proven to me time and time again that he has a great plan for my life, and for Birk and Addy's life.  He is going to use us in grand ways and I have to remember to shine my light and not let it burn out when things get hard or challenging.  It is in the challenge of life that brings out the true beauty of who we are!

So there you have it.  My short list of THANKS!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment