Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 2 Update #1

He is still pretty sedated, but overall they are pleased with how he is doing.  They started his feedings last night which made up happy.  The little dude hadn't eaten in quite some time.  There were a few times where we had to increase his meds.  Around 8pm EST Nick and I headed down to the cafeteria to grab some dinner (consisting of greasy burgers, fries, tator tots and mini corn dogs).  When we got back up we learned that he had woken up a little and they needed to increase his medicine.  It helped tremendously....he zonked out.

He slept hard and good until about 2:30 AM.  I got a call on my cell that he was a bit out of sorts and they wondered if I could come and calm him down.  I got here in my jammies (with that I just woke up beauty look... sorry nurses).  I immediately went to hold his hand and talk to him.  It seemed to work as he latched on to my hand and wouldn't let go.  While I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open...I couldn't let go of my sweet Birk.  I stayed for a little over an hour holding on to his hand and watching re-runs of Roseanne on TV.

We got to Face Time with Addy this morning which was perfect.  We sure do miss her.

Today should be very telling for us on how Birk is doing.  My hope is very little updating will need to take place and he just rests.  I have been taking pictures and video of our sweet boy and in order to try to remember this time I will be posting some.  So, for anyone following I will warn you to read at your own risk.  (Nothing is bad or bloody or gory.... just sometimes heartbreaking to see this little sweet boy).

No comments:

Post a Comment