Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Twice as much to love, two blessings from above. ~Author Unknown

Thursday, December 15, 2011

~~ Good News?!?! ~~

So we found out our OR time for tomorrow.  Birk will go to the OR for a scope at 7:50 AM.  We are excited (and yet terrified) for this!  We absolutely cannot wait to hear our sweet little guy.  We know this is going to be tough, but we both feel like we're ready for this.   Here are the options we are looking at tomorrow:

Option 1:  Everything looks great (PRAY FOR THIS).  They extabate in the OR, allow him to wake up and then bring him back to the PICU so we can help him with his weening process.

Option 2: Everything looks great (PRAY FOR THIS).  The conditions in the OR (timing wise) are not optimal so they bring him back to the PICU and extabate in the afternoon.

Option 3:  Airway is still swollen a little and they decide to wait until Monday for extabation.

We want what is best for Birk.  However, selfishly we are praying for options 1 or 2.  We have heard from a few people who have experienced this in the past that this next step is not pleasant.  It is challenging and difficult.  Please say a prayer for the strength of both Nick and I.  Please allow God to work through us as we care for Birk during these coming days and weeks.

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you:  Do not be dismayed, for you are my God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. "

No comments:

Post a Comment