Friday, December 2, 2011

Don't get your hopes up yet....

So we had a consultation with Cincinnati Children's Hospital anesthesiologist this afternoon.  Basically since they were the first to "have concerns" last time they wanted to meet with Nick and I and discuss how Birk is doing and make the determination if we should even drive the 9 hours to only have to return home.  After our conversation it was his opinion he is doing great and at his baseline.  (I have to tell you I'm a little hesitant to even say this as I don't want to jinx myself).  So we are one step closer to making the trip.  Now we just have to get through Tuesday and we will be on our way!

Prayers for Birk are most needed.  That this little champ stays healthy and can under go this life changing (for the better) surgery.  That he can be strong and prove to all those in our past who told us "he might not ever be normal."  Prayers also for my sweet Addy.  Her whole family will be leaving her here in Des Moines and I know she will have fun, but it will also be hard for her.  I pray that the peace of routine is with her and she doesn't get too "out of whack."  I also pray for Nick and I as we begin this roller coaster YET AGAIN.

TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment